In the Fall, applications will open to student innovators, leaders, and dreamers aged 18-23 – those committed members of the next generation driven to create the future. Stay tuned.
A hand-selected group of 15-20 Scholars from across the world are convened at Watson’s campus in Boulder, Colorado for the Fall semester.
Master Courses taught by a network of leading mentors, practitioners, and entrepreneurs, and award-winning training in Transformative Action to accelerate ideas to create the future.
"Watson is simply the way of the future for higher education: I walk away with the most meaningful friendships I have in my life, the courage to aim for the sky, the depth of reflection required to live a balanced yet cutting-edge lifestyle, and a renewed vision for my social venture Umbiyozo."− Jason Woolf, South Africa
"Watson University is simply the place to be. Although I already have 2 degrees, my experience at Watson far tops any of my previous educational experiences. At Watson, I found the courage to really go for what I want and was able to craft the vision for the future that I want for my life, my community and my country."− Omotola Akinsola, Nigeria
"My time at Watson taught me two things: That within me there is an endless source of possibility waiting to happen, and that there are people who fiercely believe in the good in the world and are passionate about making a lasting positive impact, just like me."− Allyson Ann Carpenter, US
"Watson has effectively created an environment of active learning, mindfulness, and vulnerability unparalleled in my educational experience. Together, the scholars made deeply personal discoveries and came to recognize a comprehensive awareness that will serve us for the rest of our lives."− Mark Etem, US
"Surrounded by a peer-group that has big hearts and even bigger dreams, it is not hard to come to Watson and dream BIG! From the scholars to the preceptors to the global Watson community, I feel truly connected to a community of passionate dreamers and doers. "− Ryan Singh, US/India
"Upon graduation after four year at a mid-ranked university I felt lost, misdirected, and used. After just one semester with Watson University I feel utter confidence in my convictions, complete compassion for my work, and a support network to help protect my courage."− Schuyler VanSickle, US
"Watson has been the most transformative and inspirational experience of my life. Never have I been in a place full of changemakers who have dedicated their lives to making a difference in the world. It's surreal how everyone I've ever met through Watson embodies strong values and fosters an enabling and empowering culture."− Nicole 'Andy' Rapista, Philippines
Our Past Master Course Teachers
- Master Course: Becoming Olympians of Social Change
- Known for: Working to improve public education in India, started Gandhi Fellowship
- Based: New Delhi, India
- Master Course: Changing the world by turning your enemies into friends
- Known for: Providing tribal and rural women opportunities
- Based: Karachi, Pakistan
- Master Course: Personal and social change: aligning our why, what and how.
- Known for: Leader in the Nobel Peace Prize winning International Campaign to Ban Landmines
- Based: Washington, DC
- Master Course: Our energy future – reinventing fire, reinventing capitalism.
- Known for: Founder of Rocky Mountain Institute, MacArthur Fellow, Time Magazine 100 Most Influential People, author of 31 books
- Based: Snowmass, Colorado.
- Master Course: Finding connection in our lives and work.
- Known for: Co-founder and CEO Unreasonable Institute, great hugs.
- Based: Boulder, Colorado
- Master Course: Scaling social enterprises globally.
- Known for: Founder of Ashoka’s Globalizer and the Amani Institute. Guest lecturer at over a dozen universities from Harvard to Paris’ HEC Business School
- Based: Nairobi, Kenya
- Master Course: The ABC’s of the startup
- Known for: Seasoned executive and serial international entrepreneur
- Based: Boulder, Colorado
- The Hero’s Journey serves as a living map for those among us who answer the call to serve something greater than ourselves. Through our own transformation, we bring change to the world.
Are You a Dreamer?
Good, because we’re looking for you.